Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

"Dear God,
Happy Birthday to you and Jesus!  Thank you for sending your one and only perfect son to be our Lord and Savior.  That is indeed the good, no the best, news ever!  Please forgive me if I haven't been as thankful as I should be lately.  As you know I've had a tough year and I'm still recovering.  But I am immensely grateful for your son, also known as Emmanuel, meaning - God with us. I get such peace from knowing that I am never alone. You will never leave me or forsake me.  You are right by my side through all of these trials.  Thank you so much for placing me in and also giving me the greatest family anyone could ever hope for!  Thank you and Merry Christmas!  Amen!"

This is my prayer for today, December 25, 2011.  It is also Global Share the Bible Day so I thought I would share a link to a FREE Bible download app.  This app has literally changed my life and my relationship with God.  You can sign up for and choose from hundreds of different reading plans which I highly recommend as a way to get in the word everyday (or at least more than usual).

Here is the link if you'd like to check it out!  http://www.youversion.com/mobile

Christmas is all about remembering and celebrating the day that Jesus was born.  The day that God himself became one of us so that He could later die for the sole purpose of giving us life!  That my friends is LOVE!  I think this verse sums up this day perfectly...

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14 NIV

Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates